Atlanta Whistleblower Attorneys Litigating Cases Nationwide
Who We Are
READ OUR REVIEWS
This was a serious case; many lives were at stake and it is is my belief that their swift action to take this case, and push towards a resolution was instrumental in saving lives. I have only the highest marks, praise for Jason, Julie and the Bracker & Marcus team. They handled my case with extreme professionalism, Their knowledge of the law and team working ability is second to none.
It appeared that everyone else was only looking at the $$. Julie says she took the case because it was the right thing to do. Well, Bracker & Marcus LLC proved the naysayers wrong, and they did it with dignity! Give them a call; you will not regret it!
I met Julie & Jason the day after being asked to tender my resignation at a job I loved. From that first meeting until the final settlement three years later, their professionalism, competency, & work ethic was exemplary. I know I could not have had better counsel. They truly represent the best in their profession.
Call our office to discuss your case
At Bracker & Marcus LLC, you are our priority. We went into this business to help people report fraud and return stolen money to taxpayers, and that is still our mission today. With a proven track record, an excellent reputation with the people who can make or break your case, and the ability to take on a case of any size, we are ready to hear your story and start your case.
We are dedicated to putting your needs first. Because of that, we don’t get paid unless we win. Call our Atlanta whistleblower attorneys today to learn more.
Bracker & Marcus LLC Represents Whistleblowers
Violations of the
False Claim Act
● Violating the Anti-Kickback Statute (AKS) – This statute ensures that patients receive care or products based on medical judgment, not because someone is getting a kickback. For example, a doctor would be violating the AKS if they prescribe a new medication in exchange for money or an expensive vacation.
● Upcoding – This is one of the most common violations of the False Claim Act in the healthcare industry. Upcoding occurs when a medical provider uses incorrect billing codes that result in higher reimbursement. For example, a surgeon who bills for a simple procedure as if it were a complex procedure would be committing upcoding.
● Unbundling – Government health care programs typically pay one amount for related services. Dishonest health care providers sometimes bill these items separately in order to charge more money.
● Product Substitution – a contractor who promises one type of good to the government but delivers another, inferior product, and then bills for the expensive version, commits fraud against the government.
● Falsifying Progress Reports – This type of government fraud occurs when a contractor falsifies reports on government contracts to quickly get progress-based payments instead of what has been earned.
● Lying to Participate in Special “Set Aside” Programs – the government chooses to set aside a percentage of work for companies owned by minorities, by women, or who are in other less-represented groups to encourage those businesses. A contractor commits fraud if they claim to belong to one of these groups when they do not.
● Trade practice violations – This type of fraud can be litigated under the FCA and includes several different scams, including unauthorized swap transactions (swap scams).
● Tax fraud – Tax fraud is criminalized as “false or fraudulent returns” under Title 26, United States Code Section 7206(1). This is a serious crime that carries stiff penalties, including a minimum three-year prison sentence.
● Financial statement fraud – An individual or company commits financial statement fraud (improper revenue recognition) when they falsify balance sheets, income, and cash flow statements to create the appearance of a stronger company than it actually is. A common reason for this is personal gain of funds.
we are Invested in our clients;
we work quickly and efficiently on your behalf
If you have witnessed or know of fraud within your company or organization, you need experienced whistleblower lawyers who will fight for you and help you stand up against cheating, stealing, and fraud. Contact us today to review your situation – we evaluate all potential cases to determine what your best action is.
FIRM NEWS AND RESULTS
Facebook Whistleblower And SEC Protections Have you ever thought to yourself: “I wonder how Facebook, whistleblowers, and the SEC intersect?” If so, today is your lucky day! By now, most of you have heard about the bombshells former Facebook data scientist turned Facebook whistleblower Frances Haugen recently dropped. If you somehow missed this developing story, here is a summary of [...]
Mediation is an efficient and effective option for resolving False Claims Act lawsuits Here in Georgia, autumn has rolled in seemingly overnight. The yelling from [...]
Department of Justice may once again use internal agency guidance to enforce the rule of law In January 2018, then-Associate Attorney General Rachel Brand issued [...]
On July 26, 2021, a bipartisan group of senators, guided by long-time False Claims Act champion, Charles Grassley (R-Iowa), introduced a bill to amend the [...]